No Class July 3-5
This class is open to children of all SSA regular membership types and SSA Junior Club Members. It is easy, and inexpensive to become a Junior Club Member simply by following this link Click Here. Children of SSA members do not need to become Junior Club members.
Entry into this team is application based - please email the Jr Director this application if you're interested (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Travel fee pending
Laser Travel Team
For older advanced sailors who have already mastered the basics and are ready to test their racing abilities against the other top junior sailors in the country, SSA offers an eight-week Travel Team option.
Sailors must provide their own boat. Parental involvement is expected to facilitate travel, trailering, and chaperoning. Each team will typically have a parent liaison, subject to the approval of the SSA Junior Program Director and Board. This person will work with the Junior Program Director, coaches, and other parents to help plan and communicate logistics. The team will compete in local Chesapeake events as well as travel to high-level competitions around the country–focusing on the Northeast. The schedule will typically include Junior Olympics as well as National and North American championships.
Time:12pm - 5pm
Sailor’s daily checklist:
- PFD (Coast Guard Approved Life Jacket) with tied on whistle
- Water bottle & snack / lunch
- Closed-toed shoes
- Swimming Suit (i.e. board shorts and tech t-shirt)
- Bailer (i.e. an empty 1 gallon juice container with the bottom cut-off)
- Hat & sunglasses
- Change of clothes
- Back up water bottle
Reminders to parents:
- Parents are required to sign their children in and out of the program when dropping off and picking their children up.
- No supervision for your sailor before and after your scheduled class time
- Please stay clear of the classroom area, allow instructor to instruct and supervise.
- There is no parking in SSA because the lot is limited.
- If you want to watch your sailors, you may watch from the 3rd basin or from your own boat as long as the boat is kept away from and is not interfering with the lesson.
Family Awards Night:
Friday, July 19th, 2019 will be Mid-Season Awards and Friday August 16th, 2019 will be end of season awards. Anyone participating in the summer program is welcome to come with their parents and siblings. More details will be sent out during the summer.
Any classes cancelled before May 16th will be granted a full refund (less processing fees), classes cancelled less than 30 days but before the 1st day of instruction will be given a 50% refund (less processing fees) and no refunds will be issued once class begins. Please note that the Junior Club membership is non-refundable. If you cancel your class you will still retain your Junior Club Membership for that year.